At St Marks we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our church community.
This means that we will:
- Promote a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church.
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation and fully cooperate with statutory agencies.
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others.
If you have any concerns regarding the safety or welfare of a child or vulnerable adult you can speak to our:
Revd Martyn Shea: 01534 720595
Church Safeguarding Officer:
Kate Hamilton: 01534 871945
They have been appointed by Diocese of Canterbury and St Mark’s Church Council to respond to any safeguarding concerns.