At St Marks we are committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our church community.
This means that we will:
- Promote a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church.
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation and fully cooperate with statutory agencies.
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others.
If you have any concerns regarding the safety or welfare of a child or vulnerable adult you can speak to our:
Revd Martyn Shea: 01534 720595
Church Safeguarding Officer:
Mrs Clare Scott: 07797 759992
Daniel Luwum: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frances Moyes: 07797 821595
They have been appointed by Diocese of Salisbury and St Mark’s Church Council to respond to any safeguarding concerns.
The Diocesan Safeguarding Advisors are contactable too on:
Heather.Bland@salisbury.anglican.org. Tel. 01722 411922. Mobile: 07500 664800
Jem Carter email email@example.com Tel. 07469 857888 or
From 5pm on Friday until 8am on Monday please ring Thirtyone:eight on 0303 003 1111. If you ring Thirtyone:eight please make sure you identify your parish and say you are ringing from the Diocese of Salisbury.
Jersey Safeguarding Lead is:
Rev Beverley Sproats firstname.lastname@example.org 01534 861677
Other useful Contacts:
Jersey Police 01534 612612
MASH 01534 519000
Jersey Social Services 01534 443500
Adult Services 01534 44440
CHILDLINE 0800 1111